Help for Windows XP
on Dalnet (as well as on Coolchat):
You might want to share this little tidbit with others who
are on Windows XP and having the problems of ident killing them
on connect. I can now get on first time every time :)
1. Go into Control Panel --> Network Connections
2. Right click "Local Area Network" and select "Properties"
3. Left click the advanced tab
4. Left click the settings button
5. Under services, left click the add button
6. For description type "Ident", for Name of IP put
the name that identifies your system with your ISP
OR your IP if it is static. ( If you are not sure what that
is, go to http://whatismyipaddress.com )
7. In both external and internal ports, enter 113 by default
8. Click OK all the way out.