Homemade Beef Salami
5 lbs lean ground beef (maybe can substitute pork
5 rounded teaspoons Morton's Tender Quick curing salt
5 teaspoons mustard seed
5 teaspoons coarse ground pepper
3-4 teaspoons garlic salt
1 teaspoon red pepper
A few dashes of liquid smoke (makes the ingredients easier
to mix and adds smoke taste)
Onion powder, etc., if desired.
1) In large roaster, mix all ingredients well.
2) Divide into thirds into plastic bags. Tie the ends.
4) Each day, for 3 days, take out and knead well, put back into
bags and refrigerator.
5) On 4th day, make into 3 long rolls & wrap in foil.
6) Prick the bottoms of the foil.
7) put a small amount of water in the bottom of a broiling pan,
and lay the rolls in the pan.
8) Bake at 180° in the oven for 8 hours (or smoke in an outdoor
9) Wrap tightly in plastic after cooking.
Reviews: If you cook up any of the receipes
from our #NewsGarden chatters,
us a review. Be sure to include the name of the receipe
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Return to top